adventures of a graduate student : cultivating imagination through reckless silliness + the bravery of childhood

4.12.2010

why b to the log-izzle?

often times I hear people say that blogging is for the self important. I have been known to say such things from time to time (read: always) myself. however, with my family and friends back on the east coast, and my head swarming with buzzy bee thoughts nearly all of the time, blogging is my next big adventure.

I will, for just as much your sake as to challenge myself to not become so very self important (surely you don't need to know what I ate for lunch or did at exactly 2:13pm on any given day), attempt to focus and filter my words through my studies. you can be certain that you will also find a mountain adventure or two, and perhaps some words of good cheer just to keep you interested as well.

there is something to be said for the very self important blogger - those who believe that their blog will eventually lead to the next great american novel or that the breakfast they ate will change one of their follower's days. if once in a while we didn't feel that what we had to say was important, nothing innovative would ever happen. life would surely be dull.

I, however, do not just want to chat to you, so please comment all you'd like, agree or better yet, disagree with me. your ideas, thoughts and impressions are worth far more than what I could possibly write without them and your responses are what promote my growth as a researcher, a writer, a thinker and an aspiring five year old.



most importantly, and surely you're dying to know...

I had a whole wheat cranberry walnut scone for breakfast.

4 comments:

  1. congrats! i'll check in often.
    jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Sarah! Us bloggers always want to know what you had to eat and drink! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it! it amazes me how you have gotten such a well thought out, clean designed and lovely blog so quickly. i'll put it on my blogroll. lots of love! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi. do you know, the entire time i was reading. i was thinking... i wonder what she is wearing. and what she ate for breakfast. :)
    welcome to the blogosphere!!!

    ReplyDelete